Dear Parents and Guardians / A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
Fáilte ar ais arís! Fáilte mhór to our new Junior Infant, Senior Infant and ALC pupils and parents. Welcome back to the whole school community.
We are delighted to welcome Danielle, Pat, Claire and Susan to our Assisted Learning Classes (ALC) and Naomi B in 4th Class.
Our Value for the Month is Friendship.
Junior Infants and ALC Vaccinations and Vision & Hearing
Consent forms have been sent home yesterday today for both 4 in 1 and MMR vaccines and Health Screening Vision & Hearing for Junior Infants. Please return the completed forms to the class teacher before Tuesday 12th September. Vaccination and screening dates will follow.
Thank you for the voluntary contributions received to date. Please remember to complete the CHY4 Certificate for tax relief for donations. If you pay €250 for the year (January 2017 – December 2017) for your child/children as a voluntary contribution, the school can claim the tax on this money, and get almost €400 for this €250.
- The pedestrian gate opens at 8.35am to allow pedestrians to gather at the flag pole area. Once you hear the chime, please make your way into the school.
- Contact details – Parents please ensure we have up-to-date contact details and email addresses. Please advise if you would like to receive the Thursday letter in hard copy format.
- Birthday Invitations – please keep them outside of the classroom.
- We operate a Health Eating Policy, and some children have allergies. In line with HSE guidelines, we do not allow any treats in school at all. This includes parents/children bringing in sweets, cakes, etc to share and contrary to the perception of some, Friday is not a treat day.
- Infant Home Time – please be aware that other classes are still in operation and external noise can upset some children and distract others. Also the outdoor area is used during this hour so we would appreciate that you would make your way to the flag area in front of the school if you wish to have a chat with other parents. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Now that we have proper facilities to cover the P.E. curriculum, swimming lessons will be reduced to six weeks per year per class from 1st to 6th and the ALC.
- Sibling Hour will begin on Monday 18th September – details to follow shortly.
- After School activities will begin on 25th September – details to follow shortly.
- Autumn Fair Sunday 22nd October 2017
St Aidan’s CBS Secondary School (Collins Avenue Extension beside DCU) Open Evening Thursday 21st September 2017 6.30pm-8.30pm. Invitation is to parents and pupils of 4th, 5th and 6th classes.
The following children were awarded Random Act of Kindness Awards this week: Nova Jun Inf Áine, Ed Jun Inf Sorcha, Daniel Sen Inf Katherine, Grace Sen Inf Éibhlin, Eva 1st, Vanessa 2nd, Abbie 3rd, Ross 5th, Cormac 6th, Aaron ALC Danielle and Aaron ALC Pat.
The following children were awarded Random Act of Respect Awards this week: Tom Jun Inf Áine, Cillian Jun Inf Sorcha, Oliver Sen Inf Katherine, Daniel Sen Inf Éibhlin, Brian 1st, Liam 2nd, Tadhg 3rd, Colm 5th, Will 6th, Devyn ALC Danielle and Davin ALC Pat.
Frása na Seachtaine: “Feicfidh mé amárach thú”- I’ll see you tomorrow!